5 Reasons to Eat Pumpkins
It's fall! The air is crisp and the trees are gold and that means that pumpkins are everywhere! Everyone seems to be cooking and baking with pumpkins these days so I thought I'd write about their health benefits.
1. Pumpkins are an antioxidant and an anti-inflammatory food. It help with joints, organs, stress relief, and soft tissue injuries.
2. They are high in vitamin C and vitamin A which are great for your immune system, skin, and eyes.
3. It’s a great source of fiber and helps to wash toxins out.
4. Pumpkin seeds are high in protein, magnesium, and plant-based fatty acids, which help regulate cholesterol levels, protect against arthritis, and improve brain function.
5. Pumpkin contains lots of potassium and zinc to prevent the onset of cardiovascular disease and hypertension. Zinc is also great for the immune system, skin, and fertility.
So why not try out a few new recipes? Here are some of my favourites... Enjoy!!